Monday, August 31, 2009

Village Fête entries

We begin with my entry in the Office Supplies category.

This is my "office supplies laptop" made entirely with office supplies and a real live professional blogger's business card, courtesy of Aunt Becky, who blogs every day at Mommy Wants Vodka.



My next three entries are part of my salami series. As an artist, I was especially excited to work in this new medium. I found it both challenging and rewarding, since I could eat the scraps, not something I generally get to do when working with more traditional media. Many who view these pieces will wonder at the artist's inspiration. Like Michelangelo, I feel the finished sculpture is just waiting to be released, I just help the form break free, and lick my fingers now and then. Enjoy!

First, the "Sopressata Madonna and Child"




"The World and His Wife"




"Cotto Salami Capybaras I Have Known"




Jaywalker at Belgian Waffle has extended the deadline for entries by an additional week. You still have to time to carve a giant zucchini!

2 comments:

  1. Dude. I am honored to be part of ANY entry that involved encased meats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your entries. Especially the laptop. And the capybaras. Excellent!

    Bevchen

    ReplyDelete