Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eoster: behold the power of a candy filled egg accompanied by plastic tat in large quantities

It may have begun as a Pagan celebration. Bells might fly from Rome to give French kids chocolate. I will possibly go to hell for giving out Easter cards with a cartoon style drawn bunny handing Christ on the cross a decorated oeuf saying "have an egg, you'll feel better." I suspected the Peeps and Hallmark folks had a hand in blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I don't know why I fell for it for all those years before I had kids but now I know: Easter was created by occupational therapists.















3 comments:

  1. They are adorable. Apropos of nothing, one of my students is grilling bacon in my classroom this morning. Somehow this makes the pain of waking up that much easier to bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO STINKIN' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters are SOOO cute! I don't care that it's been said. That's what I think.

    ReplyDelete