Monday, August 10, 2009

Lucky



Oh, friends and relations, I am lucky. I am so damn lucky. See this baby? She is mine. I have had her for one entire year. At age one, besides being beautiful and sweet, she waves in greeting or farewell, sometimes says Mama, shakes her head to say no, and plays keep away with you with her favorite toy. She may have been knocked about some by the vicissitudes of life but she is here and she is lovely. My friend just lost her baby - her twenty year old red headed baby crashed his car and died. On my baby's birthday. Her boy was driving his beloved car and may have swerved when rolling up the passenger window based on the evidence at the scene. My friend is bravely going on but knows she has joined a club for which she never wanted to pay the dues. She is a wonderful mother but she isn't very lucky.

If you were here with us I'd let you squeeze my wee darling and inhale her sweet baby scent.

I am so lucky.

3 comments:

  1. My heart is heavy. I'm so sorry for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your beautiful girl. And I'm so sorry to read about your friend's son :(

    ReplyDelete